NO STRESS ZONE.
1. When you realize you’re going to have to socially interact with people for several hours.
2. And on top of that, your mom’s blabbed to everyone about your recent diagnosis.
3. Your relatives who are less comfortable with mental illness try (poorly) to avoid any conversation that could make you feel bad.
4. But you’re ready to share your story and educate everyone!
5. So then you try to explain your experiences…
6. …and your cousin Sophie tries to tell you she too was “totally depressed” after Zayn left One Direction.
7. But they’re still family so you have to hope they’ll get the picture eventually.
8. Then you have to take a break to meditate in your “happy place” when the stress piles up.
9. Preparing yourself to put your recovery to the ultimate test during the Thanksgiving feast.
10. And in the end you realize you’re actually getting healthier!
By Kaila Sekula
SOOTHING EMOTIONS WILL GUIDE YOU WITH RESEARCH, ARTICLES, AND INTERACTIVE TOOLS TO HELP YOU ON THE JOURNEY OF NAVIGATING YOUR MENTAL HEALTH.
© COPYRIGHT 2015. "Soothing Emotions" is a registered trademark of SoothingEmotions.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
DISCLOSURE: THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, AND IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE, MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, OR THERAPY. IF YOU ARE HAVING A MEDICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM, PLEASE SEEK APPROPRIATE HELP FROM AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL. IF YOU ARE HAVING A MEDICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911, YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY NUMBER, OR GO TO YOUR NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM.